Parachutes review by Coldplay

• Released: Jul 21, 2000
Coldplay: Parachutes

This is definetley Coldplay's best album. My favorite tracks are Don't Panic, Everything's Not Lost and Spies. Chris's piano and voice in Trouble and Everything's Not Lost is truely remarkable. This Coldplay's rawest album, with the other two maybe having too many insturments and background music. The end of Trouble when Chris sings "they spun a web for me" is amazing.

Don't Panic is the best song lyrically, that has a great meaning in today's world. Everything's Not Lost is a great track to put on when you are feeling down about yourself or in a bad mood. Parachutes is a short but sweet and I find Sparks to be very underrated. Chris got the word "yellow" for the song "Yellow" from the yellow pages that were sitting on a table in the room he was sitting in when he was writing the song.

This is surely worth the $15 you will pay and is just great simple music. It definitely compares with Oasis's first and best album "Definitely Maybe." These songs were written to show emotion and not with the intention of being the best band in the world. If it was stolen I would definitely buy it again in a heartbeat.