Parachutes review by Coldplay

• Released: Jul 21, 2000
Coldplay: Parachutes

I love Coldplays sound on the album. Perhaps they have a bit too much of the same mellowed out sound, and perhaps they could be a bit more upbeat on songs other than shiver, but I enjoy it very much.

What impresses me the most about Coldplay is how well their lyrics fit in with the music. Spies is an absolutely perfect music for the lyrics, as well as Trouble, Don't Panic, Everything's Not lost, Shiver and almost everyting else on the album. The lyrics flow well, and they all around great.

I think Parachutes is a far better album than A Rush Of Blood To The Head. I love how the singer and guitarist seem to play so well togethr, it is amazing the chemistry they have there. The most impressive song on the album is Everythings Not Lost. It just fills me with emotion every time I hear it. If it were lost or stolen I'd be first to the store.

FinderofNemo
    I think the only reason Coldplay get ripped on so much is because they're so mainstream. They're actually a great bunch of musicians.
    NiK-117
    Thank you to the first reviewer, Sparks is way underrated, i LOVE that song, one of their best mellow songs.
    Underglow
    What's the reasoning behind your assertions that Coldplay sucks? Is it the simplicity of this record (which is my favourite, by the way), or is it the falsetto voice thing? You may not like them, but Coldplay does not suck. One of the biggest bands in the world cannot, by definition, suck, sorry. Also, explain why they suck, if you're so sure. Coherence isn't a bad thing.
    [NIN]_ROCK!
    This is definitely their best work to date,every song is beautiful and by the time they were just kids who wanted to put out their emotions,so the result was a masterpiece of Alt.Pop/Indie/Dream Pop/WhateverYouWant music.Chris and the boys showed they could be some of the most charismatic composers of the modern Rock industry with songs like "Yellow"(my favorite "ballad" of all time,this is simply the reason why they should have never changed their style into something more like "easy listening".Everything about this song is perfect,the poetic lyrics,the beauty of the melodies,the progressions),"Shiver","T rouble","Don't Panic" or "Everything's Not Lost".Their guitar work is simple but impressive for its beauty,their guitarist really knows how to put out a soulful riff,the man catches an entire audience with that simple thing he plays on "Fix You"(from the album X&Y)!Another thing that made me a big fan of this band is the way they add the piano on their work.It's original,powerful,melodic and certainly creative.All in all,if you're looking for an album to make you smile,cry,jump,think,play your air guitar,get some inspiration to write your own tunes or simply feel alive for almost an hour,go get Parachutes and listen to it with all the attention in the world,you'll see how perfect this band used to be.Rock On!
    Sos-viper
    This would probally be the best album ever released by coldplay. It contains some of there greatest songs to date. This album, could be dare i say it, better than any of there later releases
    SARASMiLE
    This is a great album. The song Spies doesnt get alot of spotlight but its an amazing song.
    James TH
    I am very dissapointed in the guy that wrote that review and only gave the album. IM a ****in headbanger and a 3.3 in my books is what most slipknot albums deserve.. ill give it to him that its his opinion but come on.. your telling me that the lyrcis and innuedoes behind their songs are clever? **** off