X&Y review by Coldplay

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Coldplay: X&Y

The sound of X&Y is very much like their last 2 records. It is just a very mellow mix of harmonized voclas, strings, piano, and weird effects from guitars. It gets kind of repetitive though by song number nine on the record. However, the sound is why I love Coldpay. I love U2, and Coldplay is the U2 of the 21st century. However, they do need to branch out the sound.

The lyrics aren't really all that good. They are just really really really boring. The first time I listened to this album all the way through I fell asleep. I think that is because of the lyrcs. It's just the same old formula. Once again they need to branch out.

Overall, this album is no where near the depth and awesomness of A Rush Of Blood To The Head. I think that all great bands mess up one time or another in their career, and I think that this album is it for Coldplay. It is still a good album but not as good as it could have been. However, if it were stolen or scratched I would buy it again just because I have their first two albums and I love them. It would just be to fullfill my Coldplay library.