X&Y review by Coldplay

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
Coldplay: X&Y

Well, Coldplay's music can simply be described as "perfect." And, they're even more going pass this perfectness as they offer their 4th album, X&Y. Some say this is Coldplay's best album ever. But I rather say that this is the most creative and most radical album they ever produced. It's just basically because of the way they evolved from the seemingly "sweet" band of before to a more "adult" one this time. We can see it by the way their music turned to something deeper. Their use of more synthesizers this time must have been one of the factors. And maybe, the more inert whinings as shown in their songs like "What If," "X&Y" and "White Shadows" contributed even more to this very fact. Just too perfect sound!

Many say that their lyrics in this album aren't too witty at all unlike of their earlier albums. They say that they write just for compliance. But I'm thinking the other way. I think that what they were writing were just pure poetry, the playful use of words. I don't think that Martin was too indulged with the pleasures of living with former Ms. Paltrow. His being creative, lyrically speaking, is still there my friends. We can see it in such songs like "What If," "Fix You" and "Swallowed In The Sea."

This "X&Y" album, I think, shouldn't be compared with their earlier albums since they were still "Colplay" this time. I think that this album could be one of the best albums of the year. How Martin sang was remarkable, how Mr. Guitarist guitared was perfect, how Mr. Bassist bassed was great, and how Mr. Drummer drummed was outstanding. Finally, I would just like to congratulate Coldplay for offering another great and perfect record. You're all now beyond reach! Thanks for producing such great songs in this album that became my favorites. "What If" was impressive and also "White Shadows," "Fix You," "A Message," "'Til Kingdom Come," "Swallowed In The Sea" and "Twisted Logic." All perfect! Two big thumbs up!