X&Y review by Coldplay

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
Coldplay: X&Y

Coldplay have produced three albums now and they all are pretty much the same in how good they all are. They've kept their sound through all three of their albums over the last three years, there hasn't been much change about them. Most people might of wanted to see some difference. The guitar is trash, they don't really rock with the guitar. The drummer is good though. Not really good enough riffs on guitar. Very good choruses.

The lyrics are good but I think I could write better ones myself for some of them. Lyric wise they aren't actually too bad if you look them up. The singer is very suited to the music and his style. He really puts a lot of expression onto his face if you see these guys live. He does sound a bit dull and boring sometimes as somebody commented and I agree. He plays good piano. The slow songs have good meanings and stories. There are some high notes and he sings them perfectly.

Coldplay are what I'd call 'very good' but a bit weird at the same time. There's a few acoustic tracks in there that are OK, but I prefer the slow ones, well they don't really have any upbeat ones. There are a few videos of theirs that are good. This album's unique, that's all I have to say. The most impressive songs from the album are: 'Square One', 'White Shadows', 'Fix You', 'Talk' and finally 'Speed of Sound.' I wouldn't buy it again if I lost this. But great live act. Good album.

Daniel Pearce
    This album = 3star I'd say. Their others are a bit better. But still a good band. Lyricwise they need to work on as most of the reviews have mentioned. Their songs sound is quite the same throughout the album. I can see why people call it dull and boring. But still, this is a good album as it's their 3rd. I think even I could do better than this
    mattyp90
    one_way_mule2 wrote: Can i also add is a much better live artist aswell, i went and saw them in sydney, and they were F#####g awesome!!! they can realy rock when they want to!
    If that was the 2003 Sydney concert you're fcking lucky. I've seen those performances on youtube and they are amazing.