X&Y review by Coldplay

• Released: Jun 6, 2005
Coldplay: X&Y

This was the first Coldplay CD I've picked up from the music store. At the time, I didn't find the music so stunning or appealing, but after a few times of listening to it, I grew along with it. The music sounded very light and uplifting. But at the same time, it was incredibly strong on it's emotional level. The strength of this light, emotional music left you laying on your bed smiling or crying, or crying in happiness. The use of piano and synthesizers was very beautiful. As well as violin. The wide variety of instruments kept the sound beautiful and impacted the listener on an emotional level.

The lyrics flowed well with the music. The singer's voice is amazing. Constantly able to hit higher notes. This man is a true tenor. His voice is very strong, yet light as well, and that's how it fits well with the music. The lyrics fit well with the song. Although they didn't vary too much, the lyrics were very poetic and kept an excellent flow.

Coldplay is around the same musical style as U2. But Coldplay puts does stand out beside it. "Fix You", "What If", "A Message," many of their songs have great acoustic value as well as perfect piano parts. I love how beautifully sounding all their songs are, but at the same time being unique. It has such high emotional level. Something worth crying or smiling over. This one whole album made me want to pick up every other album. It's beautiful, and helps you out through the day.