7even Year Itch review by Collective Soul

• Released: Sep 18, 2001
Collective Soul: 7even Year Itch

Collective Soul has a great knack for finding cool riffs. The only problem with these riffs is that they don't really mix up the song at all. Usually, they use the same riff the whole song. That said, the riffs still are really awesome. I haven't listened to any of Collective Soul's normal CD's, but every song on this greatest hits album is excellent. Collective Soul has a really laid back, relaxed style to their music. When I listen to it, I feel like I'm cruising down I-94 on a warm, sunny day.

The lyrics can be a little odd, but they are still okay. The lyrics being somewhat strange actually fits the character of the songs perfectly. Collective Soul's light, goofy style lends itself to the lyrics. The singer's voice is very good. He has the ability to make his voice sound like the instrumentation in the background and fit in perfectly.

Obviously, this CD should be good as it is a greatest hits. I would probably say Collective Soul is my favorite band for this style of music. All the songs are good, but my five favorites would be Next Homecoming, Energy, Precious Declaration, Why, Pt. 2, and The World I Know. I love the energy Collective Soul puts into their songs and I would definitely have to buy this CD again if I lost it.

trob_205
    weres where the river flows..very good album but its missin a very good song