7even Year Itch Review

9.5
 9.3
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
7even Year Itch Reviewed by: fabs1925, on january 09, 2006

Sound: Collective Soul has a great knack for finding cool riffs. The only problem with these riffs is that they don't really mix up the song at all. Usually, they use the same riff the whole song. That said, the riffs still are really awesome. I haven't listened to any of Collective Soul's normal CD's, but every song on this greatest hits album is excellent. Collective Soul has a really laid back, relaxed style to their music. When I listen to it, I feel like I'm cruising down I-94 on a warm, sunny day. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics can be a little odd, but they are still okay. The lyrics being somewhat strange actually fits the character of the songs perfectly. Collective Soul's light, goofy style lends itself to the lyrics. The singer's voice is very good. He has the ability to make his voice sound like the instrumentation in the background and fit in perfectly. // 9

Overall Impression: Obviously, this CD should be good as it is a greatest hits. I would probably say Collective Soul is my favorite band for this style of music. All the songs are good, but my five favorites would be Next Homecoming, Energy, Precious Declaration, Why, Pt. 2, and The World I Know. I love the energy Collective Soul puts into their songs and I would definitely have to buy this CD again if I lost it. // 10

7even Year Itch Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 06, 2004

Sound: The music is very cool. Tons of cool solos and riffs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics, which go perfectly with the music, are very well written and sung by Mr. Ed Roland. // 10

Overall Impression: Seeing as this is the greatest hits album, and there's only 11 classic songs on the record, all the songs are pretty cool. There are also two new songs, Energy and Next Homecoming, which are also pretty cool. But the songs that stand out most to me are Shine, Run, Heavy, She Said, Precious Declaration, and Why Pt. 2. This album is pretty much flawless, so yeah, I'd get it again, because it's worth the money. When is Collective Soul's new album coming out?!? Someone please find out and let us all know!!! I'm very anxious to hear it. We haven't heard from the guys in so long. // 8

Comments