Collective Soul review by Collective Soul

• Released: Mar 14, 1995
Collective Soul: Collective Soul

Collective Soul is one of the most underrated bands in my opinion. This album shows their skill. I like their sound and style of music. This CD is full of hits and good songs. The best songs are The World I Know, December, and Gel. Ross Childress shows his lead guitar skill on this album.

Ed Roland is a very skillful songwriter. His talents are showcased in the amazing ballad The World I Know. He really evolved from the first album. I think Ed's lyrics go along pretty well with the music. Ed Roland has a reasonably good singing voice and range, and he writes songs really well.

Collective Soul is my second favorite band, after the incomparable Led Zeppelin. This is their best album, except for maybe Youth. The World I Know and December are the best songs, but the rest are good too. If this was lost or stolen, I would beat the crap out of the person who stole it from me, and take it back.

rightkeith
    First CD I ever bought. Still probably the best CD I've ever bought, but I am a fan of this genre... if you don't like alternative rock, you will still enjoy a handful of songs off this album. As for me, it's one of the few CD's I can play and not worry about skipping to the songs I like, they're all good.