Wake The Dead review by Comeback Kid

• Released: Feb 22, 2005
Comeback Kid: Wake The Dead

This band is faced-pace and intense hardcore at its absolute best. These guys make terrific use of their two guitarists with almost all of the guitar parts being two at once and rarely just one big riff; not that it doesn't stay heavy though. And of course its all topped of with arrangements that keep you up.

The lyrics are heart-felt, aggressive and suit the music perfectly. As a matter of fact, in the song "Talk Is Cheap" you can find some great lyrics 'Your debts escalating/Whisper no regrets' and some not so good ones 'you're the sucker' but they are both sung or screamed with so much intensity and feeling that you can't help but enjoy it.

Since I haven't heard the first album, I couldn't tell you that this is better or worse. This CD is filled with great tunes ("False Idols Fall," "Wake The Dead," "Talk Is Cheap" and "The Trouble I Love" are the highlights) and each one filled with spectacular guitars, drums, bass and vocals. If this was stolen I would buy another two and keep one in a safe place so it wouldn't get stolen. That's what I can tell you.

boyan89
    dude Tool are sick never talk crap about tool but Comeback Kid are pretty rad too
    xmurderoticax
    sk8_punk_Trev wrote: this album is a hardcore masterpiece. and tool is garbage.
    tool's great, so is comeback kid, but most kids who listen to comeback kid wouldn't really understand tool and probably vice versa.
    brownie81
    jasonkan wrote: post hardcore?? no it think glassjaw and fall of troy are post-hardcore... comeback kid are straight edge.
    umm..straight edge isnt a genre of music..it is a lifestyle choice..there are bands that choose to sing about being straight edge..but that doesnt create a genre..usually these bands are hardcore or metalcore...and whether you guys like it or not..comeback kid are a hardcore band
    Sleepyjanitor
    EVH515029 wrote: Comeback Kid is an extremely fast paced band even though the vocals could do some work. kinda reminds me of American Hi-Fi.
    your a ****in tard
    xFatMikex
    I'm straight Edge, and you're a dipshit. Comeback Kid is Hardcore. I'vee seen them with Terror and it was definately the most hardcore show I've ever been to, and I've seen Agnostic Front. haha
    kryptonite22
    lets not argue about genres. if you look at their myspace theres about 6 pictures of their favourite cds, which includes gorilla biscuits, good riddance, anthrax and nirvana so clearly its not all about hardcore but that is the majority of their influence. this is a good cd. turn it around is better, but i like this.
    EVH515029
    jasonkan
    it strange u shud say that. american hi-fi sound totally different to comeback kid. i luv this album. i totally think that the vocals are fine, it a bonus to their style and i like it coz its unique. i mean bane have a similar style, except the voice just puts me off.
    jasonkan
    Give_em Hell
    Tool_fan wrote: Repetitive cd.
    well you like tool which sucks they suck comeback kid awesome