Scripture Of Ruin review by Condition: Critical

• Released: Oct 22, 2011
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Condition: Critical: Scripture Of Ruin

The Band? - Great! The Vocals? - Well, sketchy at best... Though experience will do wonders for this guy, you can't give a good review of something unless it really is good, and to be honest, it's not. I feel they will get better, though I don't really know if this genre of music is really the best style for the vocalist. Overall the recording quality of this is top notch, very clean nice sound of the guitar, nice music to vocal ratio... (and awesome guitaring btw.) The drummer & bassist are also very good.

The song writing, as done by the vocalist (I believe?) are good, it's unique, the music really blends with the vocals and vice-versa, however, I sometimes feel throughout some of the parts it just doesn't work. They get tangled and the vocalist's voice comes sticking out of the music as if he is 17 or 18 (which he is), this gives it kind of a hard to take serious tone. No offense.

Compared to other Albums, this music is good, the vocals, below average, and the lyrics, I would call good. The musical ability of the writers is quite amazing given their age. I just can't get over the fact of the vocalist though. This review is harsh, but in a world of hundreds of thrasher bands, you have to stand out... P.S. Please don't try to review yourselves again, it'll only end badly.