When Legends Become Dust review by Conducting From the Grave

• Released: Feb 17, 2009
Conducting From the Grave: When Legends Become Dust

Listening to many deathcore bands and liking few of them, Conducting From The Grave's 'When Legends Become Dust' stood out there along with All Shall Perish and Whitechapel. Conducting From the Grave also have a technical influence. The drumming is well done and does not over use the double kick and random hitting of everything. It fits in nicely with the guitar. The guitar is incredible and tends stray from the generic crap people get sick of; instead uses harmonies and like said before, a technical twist.

The lyrics on this album has to do with exactly what the album name and band name state. The lyrics are about forgotten people that had an impact on certain situations and just left to rot within their graves. The lyrics more tell a tale and are a good read, they are very catchy aswell. As for the vocals themselves, they are extremely well done. The first thing I thought when I was on their Myspace account listening to the amazing opening riff of Marching Towards Extinction was 'Please don't let the vocals kill this', and they did the exact opposite. The most important thing about the vocals in When Legends Become Dust is they never get repetitive. His highs are original, his lows are great, and his vocal range good.

Overall, When Legends Become Dust is an phenomenal album with great talent. Conducting From The Grave is an excellent band and beating out most of the bands in their genre. With this release they will hopefully get the credit and respect they deserve. Every song makes for a great listen, but my top 3 personal favourties are: A Never Ending Search For Closure, The Calming Effect, and Hit The Lights... Armageddon's Here. I would suggest Conducting From The Grave to fans of Deathcore and Technical Metal.

sigur_ros6
    This is my favorite metal release in a very long time. I have been listening and awed by these guitarists since they were in With Passion. If you don't own this album go grab it right now it is definitely worth it.