Jane Doe review by Converge

• Released: Sep 4, 2001
Converge: Jane Doe

The sound of these tracks is amazing! It's very rare that you will hear anything this brutal in a time of "metal" bands dominating the mainstream. Jane Doe is a wake up call to all like minded musicians to get out there and do something original and hopefully something special.

The lyrics are fantastic. It's just too bad that a lot of them are lost through the screaming which brings me to my next point. The vocals are relentless! I don't know how anyone could keep this up (except for Grady from Will Haven.)

A band/album like this is hard to beat. In my opinion it comes close to the flawless 'Calculating Infinity' by Dillinger Escape Plan which in my book makes you a pretty damn good band! I can't believe I only discovered Converge now. I feel like I've been missing out for so long.

g13_honda
    The first Converge CD I bought was Axe to Fall, and I thought it was amazing. Then I bought this...THIS IS LEGENDARY!!!
    mikkoyay
    This album absolutely changed my life and perspective. Listening to Jane Doe made me realise that there are alternative ways to express one's emotions than the traditional methods, and this album's pounding rage is possibly the best way to channel everything that leers inside. And the lyrics are like a knife through the heart! An unbeliavable record.