You Fail Me review by Converge

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Converge: You Fail Me

Oh my fucking god, just guys like me with ear of a Lion gonna taste the sound of this band, Converge isn't one of the best hardcore bands of the century, is for me, the best hardcore band of all time, the sound in "You Fail Me" is brutal, like "Jane Doe," the production of the album is deeply fucking hard, songs like "Eagles Become Vultures," "Last Light," "Black Cloud," "Drop Out" are very strong, Kurt Ballou is a great guitarist, and Ben Koller is the principal reason that I love this album, is a monster, a monster. No, nor just the hardcore sound of this album is the principal attention, there is a one powerfully dark ballad called "In Her Shadow," simply, but dark and emotive. This is for me the second best album of this band.

Jacob Bannon is not an artist that write lyrics for this band, NO, his lyrics are poetic and powerful, his lyrics are very different from other hardcore bands than write things like Death, guts, gore and more, Jacob write things more original for this band, themes like dissolve, peace, dreams, laboral stress ("Eagles Become Vultures" is an example) etc.

His voice is very brutal, is a monster, a semi-human, when his sings crush the mic, and so, his voice bleed the ears of anyone, of course, maybe is not SO aggressive than the previous album, "Jane Doe," where is throat probably is there.

Maybe "You Fail Me" is not so powerful and aggressive than "Jane Doe," but the fans of Converge this album is a must-have on your list, I love this record, is a sample of every hardcore sound of this band, maybe this sounds like older bands of hardcore, with a bit of heavy and thrash metal. This is one of the best records of hardcore punk of the century, well, "Jane Doe" is the best, but this is for me the definition of a tired band coming of a hard party ("Jane Doe"), but eager to continue celebrating and rocking so fucking hard.

N-D
    For me it's definitely their best album, even much better than "Jane Doe". "You Fail Me" is very emotional, diverse record - and the lyrics are really sincere, sometimes very dark, but truly from the heart!.. And just check this - both for music and lyrics:
    scottishmob
    This album may need another review. Will write one I think - if I ever get around to it haha ahhhhh life.