Eat Sleep Repeat review by Copeland

• Released: Oct 31, 2006
Copeland: Eat Sleep Repeat

"Where I hung my coat, is where I left my head/So you'd be wise to doubt every word I ever said/Becuase I just want to eat some chocolate/And go straight back to bed, I'll go straight back to bed/Where's my head? Where's my head? Where's my head?" This is how Marsh kicks off Copeland's third album, and what a beatiful beginning it is. The ring of chimes combined with the brilliant falsetto of Aaron makes for one stunning beginning to an album. The next track "Eat, Sleep, Repeat" carries an infectious bassline and interesting drum pattern that keeps the listener intrigued. Not to mention the song is incredibly catchy, but that's nothing new when speaking of Copeland. The song "Control Freak", the band's first single, is one of the faster song's on the album featuring a piano backing, melancholy lyrics, and an incredible melody. The track is definitely one of my favorites and a great choice for a first single. The next two tracks on the album aren't the most interesting and intriguing tracks on the record and I find myself skipping over them most of the time which is definitely a negative about this album.

"I'm Safer On An Airplane" is my favorite track on the record. When I hear this song I immediately drop everything I am doing and zone out, it's that mezmorizing. The lyrics show a side of Copeland we haven't seen before political: "I think I'm safer in an airplane/I think I'm safer with my lungs full of smoke/I think I'm safer on the jetway/Than a world without hope." "By My Side" and "Cover What You Can" both remind me of In Motion tracks because of their dreamy, foggy sound to them, and melody. "When You Thought You'd Never Stand" is one of the best songs I've heard this year, not too mention one of the best Copeland tracks I've heard ever. The emotion Aaron Marsh can bring out in his songwriting is truly unbelievable, and can bring even the most grown of men to tears. The track picks up towards the middle with a vibrant showcase of violins and ends with duel gender vocals.

The production on the album is classic Copeland production and showcases all of the band's incredible musicianship beautifully. Many people will place this album in their Top Ten's and Top Five's of the year and with no argument from me. This album is definitely a step up from their previous record which seemed to have the band confused and pondering what sound they really wanted the fans to hear. I wasn't really excited for this album when it was coming out to be honest, because I thought I was going to be let down but this was definitely not the case. Eat, Sleep, Repeat is easily one of the best albums of the year and I highly reccommend it to any music fan out there, whether sixteen or sixty years old.

fret13
    Copeland is suck an underrated band, but im kinda of glad of that or theyll end up like the other million bands who went mainstream and fell apart. Excellent album.