In The Arms Of God review by Corrosion of Conformity

• Released: Apr 12, 2005
Corrosion of Conformity: In The Arms Of God

This album's sound is killer. It's the way Black Sabbath would sound now if they were still pumping out new albums. The riffs are off the wall, excellent blend of guitars, and Stanton Moore's drums really add a lot. I would have turned up Mike Dean's bass just a tad more though. Great sound.

The lyrics are fantastic, but that's to be expected from C. O. C. In The Arms Of God and Stonebreaker have some really deep lyrics. A little bit of a religious feel to the lyrics, but that's the way most C. O. C. is. Top notch lyrics. Pepper's voice is second to none, he sings the lyrics superbly.

Overall this album is my pick for album of the year so far. Nothing else that has come out this year can even compare to this disc. The title song, Stonebreaker, Rise River Rise, Backslider, World On Fire, Crown Of Thorns (very Floyd-esque, creepy), It Is That Way, well all of the songs are killer, not a subpar track on the album. I just love Woody and Pepper's guitars and Pepper's vocals have always been a fave of mine. Mike Dean's bass is really impressive but needs to be turned up just a tad. If this album was stolen I would buy it again, hell I'd buy two or three of them in case it got lost or stolen again.