Hard Candy review by Counting Crows

• Released: Jul 9, 2002
Counting Crows: Hard Candy

Well, as me and one other extremely sensible person seem to be the only ones reviewing the Counting Crows, I think I should review another of their albums. As I have already told you the Counting Crows are an amazing soft rock band that have produced hits such as Hanginaround, Rain King and Colorblind. As always, you cannot go wrong with the counting crows sound, and this album is no excpetion.

The lyrics of Hard Candy are again genius Adam Duritz plays with a combination of clever language and emotion to produce a unique style. A particular point of interest is on Butterfly in Reverse, when Duritz combined with Ryan Adams to produce something entirely unique! I could never give these amazing lyrics anything less than 10.

Well overall I am again impressed by the Counting Crows ability to produce another amazing album. The songs blend well and the music is just how it always is. However I was a tad dissappointed that the Big Yellow Taxi cover was a added as a hidden track at the end of the album. Considering the surprising quality of the cover, it feels a dissappointment for it too be shoved on the end. So this maybe isn't my favourite album by the Counting Crows, but it definitely is a good album.

tsp
    This must be the most under rated band on earth! this is ANOTHER amazing album. the ebst tracks in my opinion are MIAMI HOLIDAY IN PSAIN AMERICAN GIRLS UP ALL NIGHT NEW FRONTIER
    thedeadcow
    counting crows are an amazing band the songs miami and new frontier are incredible examples of their skill as a band. Adam Duritz is an awesome frontman both lyrically and in performance and just sheer prescene