Hard Candy review by Counting Crows

• Released: Jul 9, 2002
Counting Crows: Hard Candy

The Counting Crows what a band! I'd say they are probebly One of the most underated bands in terms of sound, quality of lyrics, setting the mood for a song and the effects they put into there songs. If you hear any of there albums you will realise that this band is something special and are great to relax to and just chill-out! The album Hard Candy in my opinion is there best and not because it has the song Big Yellow Taxi but because of the emotions of joy, love, sorrow and regret. An example of all these emotions would be the fantastic song Miami, which in the song Adam Duritz explains about his past love and how they would argue but that he does not care about her anymore because of his new love. Another song with the emotions of sorrow and regret would be Black And Blue which (along with the song Carraige) is the most relaxing song on the album, where Adam Duritz talks about how this person has low confidence and how he could break at anytime. 'You look a lot like you Shatter in the blink of an eye'. Goodnight LA is another very relaxing song which also talks about love again, but the one song in my opinion that stands out for the theme of love and just moving on with life is Holiday In Spain.

Adam Duritz in this album is fantastic. With every song in this album you can feel the emotion he put's into everyone of them, the love, joy, happiness, sadness, and the sorrow. These emotions are clearly displayed on every song for example in Up All Night, he talks about the summer and about his love and the clthes that she wears and that he would like her eyes to open wide as soon as she sees him, but if she doesnt't you just hve to move on in life. And this album shows why I think Adam Duritz is a very underrated singer and shows his emotions like very few other vocalists.

In my opinion this album is perfect if you would like to just chill-out, relax and talk to someone because that is what this album is relaxation! Every song on this album is equally perfect in it's own right but if I were to pick one that really stands out it would have to be 'Four White Stallions' because of the imagery, effects and the overall sound of the band as a group of musicans. If this album was lost or stolen I woulb be lost because it is one of my faorite albums of alltime and I would recommend it to anyone.

Regression
    Havn't listened to many of there songs but I really like stuff like Angels Of The Silences and Mr Jones. Should really check out more of their stuff. But they have something about them that most bands don't seem to, I'm unsure what, but it's great.