New Amsterdam: Live At Heineken Music Hall review by Counting Crows

• Released: Jun 20, 2006
Counting Crows: New Amsterdam: Live At Heineken Music Hall

Before I review this CD, I have to sum it all up in one word: long. This is the first CD I have bought in a long time that is over an hour long. Overall, I think the sound of this CD is pretty damn good. Very mellow and nice calm music to relax to. Exactly what you'd expect from Counting Crows. I especially love the soft, emotional mood set by the live performance of Holiday in Spain at the very end. That was the first time I heard that song and it was performed exceptionally well and was easily my favourite song on the album. However mostly every song is like this. There isn't much of a change from song to song.

Emotional lyrics as always with Counting Crows lyrics. Very well sang. I love how deep some of the lyrics go. The singing goes very well with the music as well. Not much else to say.

This is a very nice collection of songs by the Counting Crows. They are, however, lacking some of the very best songs of theirs on this CD. If you are a Counting Crows fan in the slightest, you'll probably enjoy this album. If this CD were lost or stolen, I would look for it but not buy a new one. This is my first Counting Crows CD and it didn't leave that much of a big impression on me but I'm still a fan of their work, and enjoyed it.

TheSilverBeatle
    Rain King acoustic is not odd at all...it has been acoustic for years...it was even acoustic on their first live cd.