Oh No! Review

8.3
 2.6
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Oh No! Reviewed by: unitedbyfate, on may 25, 2007

Sound: After the rawness of 'This Is Really Neat', Crackout are aiming for a more matured sound here, which is achieved brilliantly. From the first chord of opeining track 'Out Of Our Minds', you can hear the change in vibe. Steven Eagle's voice is just the same but the music has more thought in it with a funkier texture to it. Songs like 'All This Colour' though, reassure fans that they haven't forgotten their original sound. Ending track 'Feel At Home' brings a calm end to a great underated rock album by a great underated band. // 9

Lyrics: As with their debut album, Crackout's lyrics aren't perfect but they go with the music. Some songs do stand out though, such as 'Robots Have Feelings Too', which is probably their best song lyrically with lines like, 'Aching joints from working all the time/All alone he dreams of love all night/He's an early model but a likeable guy/As far as robots go'. Overall though, it's pretty good lyrics with much better music. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall a great album. It has the rockiness of their debut wile still showing experimental progress within their sound. I would recommend this to any fans of general indie/rock bands like Biffy Clyro and Feeder. I'd say 'This Is What We Do' and 'Way Too Long' are the best tracks on the album though all of it is very good. I'd definetley buy it again if it were stolen/lost though with Crackout splitting up, it is now sometimes hard to find. // 9

Comments