Bitter Suites To Succubi review by Cradle of Filth

• Released: May 22, 2001
Cradle of Filth: Bitter Suites To Succubi

With all the brilliant guitaring and drumming and vocalisation how could you not love this album as it delivers you the impact and darkness that is Cradle Of Filth. The music itself if different from all the emo, punk and pop crap out there but it is brilliant if you appreciate the nature of the music. Me being one of those people and I can honestly say I love Cradle Of Filths sound throughout all of their albums this one included.

The lyrics are all brilliant in their nature but the problem is sometimes they deal with subjects that arn't for the more mainstream music people. Dealing with love and commiting suicide (song 7 - Suicide And Other Comforts) isn't for all people but doesn't seem to make people mind as they know that it is just about sadness and what you can do to take care of it. It is not a manual on what to do though which somepeople may think that it is. The songs throughout though have great lyrics joined in with the music for it mixes perfectly. Dani Filth (vocalist) has brilliant shrieking skills as most Cradle Of Filth fans will know and the speed of his words are sometimes astounding. A brilliant vocalist makes this album extra special as Dani Filth delivers to full extent with his low growls, medium shrieks and high squiels.

This album is worth buying by all people and it beats most other albums that are on the market as it gives you more than one style as the songs progress. The most impressive songs on the album are the following: Suicide And Other Comforts, Born In A Burial Gown, Scorched Earth Erotica, All Hope In Eclipse. These are my favourite but the songs on the whole CD don't dissapoint. If I lost this CD I would buy it again as it is utterly brilliant.