Lovecraft & Witch Hearts review by Cradle of Filth

• Released: Jun 11, 2002
Cradle of Filth: Lovecraft & Witch Hearts

Cradle of Filth has a very unique, very distinct sound. Some poeple might think they're to odd, or to "EVIL". But in a musical sense, I like the way they incorperate synth into their music while still leaving Catchy/Intricate guitar riffs. Also, the double bass always adds a subliminal impression on their song.

AMAZING. Cradle of Filth is my favorite band as far as lyrics go. The lyrics go soo deep and so dark it almost puts you into a trance state. Songs such as Her Ghoast in the Fog are, if you know the lyrics, just pure poetic brilliance. Danny Filth has one of those unique voices where you would sell your soul just to be able to sing like he can. And the addition of the backup vocals just add a darker impression.

Overall, its an exelent album. This is by far their best album, and with two disks, its the ideal album for a long car/plane trip. Cradle of Filth first appeared to strange to me the first time I saw them at Ozzfest 2003. But after i bought this album, I've addesd it to my weekly rotation of cds. The Hallowed be thy Name Iron Maiden cover is my fav. song from the album. I already learned the whole song and i'm even listning to it as I write. Her Ghost in the fog is also an amazing song, and it is their best original song. If somebody stole this album, I would go on an epic journey to reclaim it mine. Deff. buy this album, you will be very suprised with this Black Metal style. Thats all I have to say.

ValtielSuccubi
    One of their best albums...yet I do not have a problem with many others. :] So, this is, in fact, another amazing effort.