God Shuffled His Feet review by Crash Test Dummies

• Released: Jan 1, 1994
Crash Test Dummies: God Shuffled His Feet

I first heard this album a few years ago when a colleague played it at work. I very rarely like a whole album the first time I listen to it, but this one was an exception. I raced out and bought a copy, and it is still one of the favourites in my collection. The lyrics are originally refreshing - it's great to find an artist who can sing about something other than love. The album is light hearted, comical, and guaranteed to put you in a good mood. Every song is completely different, but every one is individually brilliant.

I don't often listen to lyrics, but in the case of this album I can recite virtually every word. Brad Roberts' gravelly voice suits the lyrics perfectly and is never tiresome.

I read a review which said this album was the Dummies' best work, and I wholeheartedly agree. I can't really compare them to anyone else because their style is so different, but if you liked 'Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm' or 'Afternoons and Coffeespoons' on the radio, then rest assured you'll like the rest of the album.