Generation Wild review by Crashdïet

• Released: Apr 14, 2010
Crashdïet: Generation Wild

From the intro of Armageddon I knew that this would be special, and as soon as the vocals of their 3rd singer Simon Cruz below in I new it was. They re grabbed that sense of naturalness and believable quality in the music and maintain that sleaze rawness that made them who they are, but also a more developed band with insane vocal parts that sound some one choir like at times.

The vocals are a hell of a lot stronger this time round and they have a better feel for the band. Simon Cruz clearly has a great set of pipes but he is also not trying to imitate Depard or anyone else for that matter. The lyrics on tracks Rebel hits the mark in what has made them who they are, also Generation Wild sums up their audience in a swoop that makes you want to grab a beer and go wild. They also have a moment to pause as the lyrics for the emotional heart breaker that is Save Her slides in from an angle i was not prepared for and Peep Show singer Johnny Gunn did an amazing job writing the lyrics to this, and Simon did a great job retelling them. The Lyrics from just Generation Wild and Save Her make this album worth a 10.

In my honest opinion I believe this to be the best Crashdiet album. I know your reading this thinking REST IN SLEAZE! But I honestly feel that if this had been their debut album know one would be complaining. Stand out tracks are Generation Wild, Save Her and Chemical, the guitar worth on all 3 is insane with chemical having a GNR My Mechelle styling with it, Generation Wild having what could be the voice of the generation and Save Her taking a step in the spot light to slow things down and make you think. Before I was a part time listener of Crashdiet but I feel this album has made me a fan.