Rest In Sleaze review by Crashdïet

• Released: May 20, 2005
Crashdïet: Rest In Sleaze

Crashdiet pick up where Guns N Roses dropped the ball moving away from their glam rooms. They sound like a fusion of early Motley Crue and GNR, relying heavily on a 80s sleaze metal influence that punches its way through the album on each track barely stopping for breath. On a solid rock debut album its easy to see that given the right timings these guys where ready to be the voice of the generation, unfortunately fate dealt them a bitter blow in the loss of front man Dave Lepard.

The lyrics scream rebellion and the gritty voice of Lepard matches them perfectly, only pausing for a softer side on Its A Miracle which shows a more timid softer side to his vocals making it a very all around album. The lyrics are coated in sleaze pepped with previously stated rebellion and its easy to see that if it had been released in a early era Riot In Everyone would of became the voice of the generation and if pushed could be the voice of this one. Lepards vocals bring out so much believability from his vocals it doesn't seem like he is simply singing words from paper he sounds like he is singing from the very pits of his soul for which i believe is very hard to find.

I could easily compare this to Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction and Motley Crue's Too Fast For love, as they all have that raw kick in the face that made them all the sound track to peoples youth's. Crashdiet however don't feel dated at all, they don't seem to be a poor imitation either they look, sound and feel like the real deal and I am glad my friend got me to listen to them. I highly recommend you check them out especially the angst coated Riot In Everyone, the blood firing Breakin The Chains, the tender bone of the beast Its A Miracle and 69 shots. This is the perfect album to listen to when going through a break up, or preparing for a night on the town.