Christ The Album review by Crass

Crass: Christ The Album

The sound is pure Crass. Chaotic, screaming guitars, pulsing beats, and lots of yelling. The songs almost all start with recordings of radio clips relevant to Crass' cause. Great sound here.

Just wow. Crass don't let up with their lyrics, and they are hard-hitting, intelligent, and often poetic. However, this album was recorded in 1981-82, so the issues spoken about are not necessarily relevant to today. Lots of Margaret Thatcher bashing. The liner notes contain a notice written to Thatcher by Crass, and it is truly inspiring. Amazing lyrics.

This album is one of their best, in my opinion. There are two discs, the first being Christ The Album, and the second being Well Forked But Not Dead, a recording of Crass playing live in the 100 Club on 9th June, 1981. For listening to the second disc, I'd suggest not skipping to a certain track - the songs blend together, and the recording quality is quite low. However, the 1st disc, and some parts of the second make it worth every penny of the 17 bucks I spent.