Riot Avenue review by Crazy Lixx

• Released: Apr 24, 2012
Crazy Lixx: Riot Avenue

If you into bands like Guns N Roses and Kiss then you you'll also be into this band. Crazy Lixx have perfectly captured the legendary sound and feel of old school rock n roll. Their latest album, "Riot Avenue" is packed full of excitement and energy brought to you by the fantastic combination of Andy Dawson's riffage and Danny Rexon's vocal-age. The opening track, "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot", sets the mood for the album brilliantly. Just turn the speakers up to full and you'll immediately know what this album is all about. Rocking and Rolling at its most awesome. This continues through the whole album with choruses and solos which create an urge inside you, making you feel the need to jump around, air guitar, and sing till you are completely drained of all energy and collapse on the floor in a pool of rock fuelled sweat. Nice.

Danny Rexon deserve a hearty pat on the back. No, he deserves more. He deserves knighthood and huge castles and a country named after him, over which he will rule. His vocals can only be described as awesome and for that he deserves a reward. I'm tempted to make my way over to Sweden and express just how awesome his vocals are to him myself. On the song "Only The Dead Know", there are times when you might just start thinking, "did they get Sebastian Bach to sing this one?". He didn't go as full out as Sebastian Bach would probably have done in the chorus which is a huge shame because listening to his sing at other parts and in other songs he is capable of doing so. And anyone who has heard Skid Row will understand how huge a compliment that is to anyone.

If I were to say what I'd do if it were stolen I'd probably be locked up. So I wont. But it wouldn't make too much difference as I'm probably going to buy several million copies of this truly brilliant piece of excellence. In my opinion this is the greatest album since Cinderella's still climbing, released in 1994. If I haven't yet persuaded you yet that this album is one the greatest things ever then go on the you of the tube and give these songs a listen to: - "Be Gone" - "Downtown" - "Sweet Bad & Beautiful" - "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" - "Fire It Up" I had some trouble narrowing that list down to only five, as all the songs are worthy. What more can I say about this album. Other than it is truly brilliant. Oh right. I've said that already apparently.

CinderellaFan14
    Well I think it's safe to say that this is the best album from a modern band since Cinderella's Still Climbing album. Other than that, excellent album, awesome review!