Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005 [DVD] review by Cream

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
Cream: Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005 [DVD]

Cream is back! The original three reunited for a few shows at London's Royal Albert Hall. They show was awesome. I have a friend that was there and urged me to buy the DVD. I must it's a great buy, they leave song as it is without shorting any solos or anything. Their mix of blues and rock 'n' roll is just just plain great. Highlights include Ginger Baker's drum solo (Toad), I Feel Free, and as always Sunshine Of Your Love. Keep rockin' Cream, we love you.

Content — 8
It's a live concert DVD, imalgamated from two or three RAH dates in 2005. The set isn't bad, all the hits are played to a screaming audience. I have no complaints with anything. The packaging and menus are stunningly decorated and well useable. There is not much other stuff to feature except for the run of the mill interviews and "Making Of" featurettes that are of course on every concert DVD these days.

Production Quality — 8
The music is quite clear and the mixing is done superbly. They just play their music and let everythin else work itself out. Not many tech tricks are used though and after a few views it does get a bit dull. The production quality on the DVD is satisfactory, but is nothing different than other concert DVDs.

This DVD is a Cream masterpiece! Their other DVD doesn't even compare! I really love the mix of songs on the DVD and the good use of Clapton's soloing and Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker's tight rhythm sound, and all these guys are 55+! If anybody stole this I would easily buy it again or steal it back.

udy
    I need to be over 30, that I understand what a great feeling has been the Cream. I and my friends know such a great player like Clapton is very rare. They has been a miracle together. "I am so glad" yeahhhhh