Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005 [DVD] Review

artist: Cream date: 11/29/2006 category: compact discs
Cream: Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005 [DVD]
Release Date: October 4, 2005
This DVD documents Cream's momentous London shows. Performances from each of the four nights are featured and much more. Also included are alternate performances and interviews with Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce, and Eric Clapton.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9
 9.5
 9.3
 9.6
Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005 [DVD] Reviewed by: claptonfan55, on august 22, 2006

Sound: In this DVD, Cream proves they still are true rock gods. They may sound a little older (they're all 60+ years old now), but their playing has matured greatly since they broke up in 1968. All three of them had great tones coming from their amps and drum kits. The music was top-notch, even though they didn't launch into a 20 minute jams (which I think is makes their music today better, because attention spans have gotten much shorter over the years). The music is bluesy throughout the whole DVD and it shows the three, in my opinion, at a point equal to their careers in the original Cream. I love every song they put on this DVD, and the way the songs hold up in today's world. // 10

Overall Impression: OMG, this DVD is the best concert DVD of 2005! Each performance on the film proves that Cream is still one of the best bands to play music. The instrumental interplay proves they are still in touch with each other musically, even after 37 years of being separated. I love everything about this DVD and if it were stolen or lost, I would buy it again so fast peoples' heads would spin. // 10

Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005 [DVD] Reviewed by: Sloopy, on november 29, 2006

Sound: Cream is back! The original three reunited for a few shows at London's Royal Albert Hall. They show was awesome. I have a friend that was there and urged me to buy the DVD. I must it's a great buy, they leave song as it is without shorting any solos or anything. Their mix of blues and rock 'n' roll is just just plain great. Highlights include Ginger Baker's drum solo (Toad), I Feel Free, and as always Sunshine Of Your Love. Keep rockin' Cream, we love you. // 9

Overall Impression: This DVD is a Cream masterpiece! Their other DVD doesn't even compare! I really love the mix of songs on the DVD and the good use of Clapton's soloing and Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker's tight rhythm sound, and all these guys are 55+! If anybody stole this I would easily buy it again or steal it back. // 9

Comments