Royal Albert Hall: London May 2-3-5-6 2005 Review

Cream: Royal Albert Hall: London May 2-3-5-6 2005
Release Date: Oct 4, 2005
Label: Reprise/Wea
Genres: Rock
Cream, the legendary band of Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton, performed for the first time in 37 years in May 2005.
 5.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Royal Albert Hall: London May 2-3-5-6 2005 Reviewed by: boboguitar, on october 17, 2006

Sound: I like the music and there isn't anything wrong with the sound. The album was recorded during Cream's reunion concert in May 2005. It's mostly blues-rock played in the album, aside from "Pressed Rat And Warthog" which I don't know what to categorize as. The sound itself isn't too bad. The only problem I have is the distortion in the intro to "White Room", which kills the sound. // 8

Lyrics: All of the songs are classic Cream. The words of the lyrics are good and seem to fit nicely with the songs. All I must say is that Jack Bruce can't sing, and neither can Clapton when he does the vocals for "Crossroads". Their voices are now incredibly deep, and it ruins the feel to the songs. // 4

Overall Impression: Well, I really don't know what to say about this album. The instrumentals were good, but the vocals were horrible. My favorite song on the album is probably "Deserted Cities Of The Heart", because Jack Bruce doesn't completely ruin it with his vocals. He only partially ruins it. I like the guitar and drum work. If this album was stolen, I would probably spend on a CD that didn't ruin perfectly good songs with crappy vocals. // 6

Comments