Strange Brew: The Very Best Of Cream review by Cream

• Released: Jan 1, 1983
Cream: Strange Brew: The Very Best Of Cream

This three piece band sounds absolutley fantastic with this compilation having tracks from each of thier 6 albums. Eric Clapton's guitar playing on the White Room track is legendary. This is classic rock at its best. I think that along with Jimi Hendrix Eric Clapton was one of the first to use a wah wah pedal, a vox wah I believe. Such classic greats such as Sunshine Of Your Love, White Room, Strange Brew and Politician are included on this CD.

The lyrics that Cream wrote for thier songs are very meaningful if you listen to them hard. The lyrics go very well with the music. All the vocals are sung by Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce and what can I say they sound great.

I think that Cream was a very good band in its day and still seems to be somewhat popular in todays generation. The most impressive songs for me on this CD are Sunshine Of Your Love, Crossroads, White Room and Strange Brew. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again for sure. Very good CD well worth the $10 I payed for it.

stef123
    d d do d dur durm durn do da do how to sing the riff of sunshine of your love
    i havnt heard this but cream are awesome so this is probably a great cd!!
    sambargun
    I came into Cream rather late, but now that I have I think that it was one of the most talented, fluent and under-rated bands. As a trio, it is better than even Jimi Hendrix Experience as all 3 members of Cream are extremely talented and lent their specific styles to their sound. Jack Bruce is one the all time greats when it comes to the bass guitar, he is also a superb song writer and vocalist, Ginger Baker should be along with John Bonham, Keith Moon, Neil Peart and Mitch Mitchell as the all time greatest drummers, as for Clapton, well everybody knows him, so enoughsaid. This is a good album with all their good songs, if you are starting to listen to Cream. Dont miss Clapton's masterpiece, the solo on 'Crossroads'. enjoy .....
    sambargun