Wheels of Fire review by Cream

• Released: Jul 31, 1968
Cream: Wheels of Fire

This is an easy 10. With Jack Bruce's basslines, Eric Clapton's guitar, and Ginger Baker's drums, the sound just couldn't be any better. This blues-rock album comes on 2 disks, one live, one in the studio, which each track is amazing on, including the 16:47 version of "Spoonful". It's also the only album that has a studio version of "Pressed Rat And Warthog".

The lyrics seem to fit well with the music on this album, and have some pretty cool similes, like in "Deserted Cities Of The Heart", the phrase "I heard the wind shout like a drum." And just some amazing lines like in "White Room" the classic Cream line, "Where the shadows run from themselves." Jack Bruce does a great job at vocals along with Eric Clapton.

No album can be compared to this album, because it would lose badly. The most amazing songs on this album are "White Room", "Crossroads", and "Spoonful". I love everything about this album, especially the songs each disk start out with. The studio disk starts with "White Room", the live disk with "Crossroads". If this album was stolen I would try to buy it but it would probably be sold out. But if it was in stock I'd buy it.

fluffylump2
    great album. go buy. live version of crossroads is one of the best recording ever.
    Admiral Petty
    Yep, pretty much everything Cream did was awesome, I personally like Cream more than Clapton's solo stuff.
    ECwomantoneman
    Deserted cities solo is the most underrated ever. Just listen and you'll see (I mean hear) what I mean