Full Circle review by Creed

• Released: Oct 26, 2009
Creed: Full Circle

A year ago, the name of Creed was firmly in the past, for better or for worse. But, here we stand today in the midst of a Creed re-birth, but, is this the farewell fans never got back when the band split, or a triumphant return? Bread Of Shame instantly takes me back to the earlier years of Creed, it has bite, and is deffinitly on the heavier side. This is one of the only tracks on the album that sounds 'old', not that it's a bad thing, most people didn't expect the original Creed sound to be intact, but have no fear, this is the Creed that stormed into the world all those years ago. A Thousand Faces is possibly the most anticipated song on the album after a storming performance of it at the streamed gig in Houston. I am however slightly dissapointed, it's slower than they perform it live, and for me, misses a spark. That's not to say it's not a great song, it's fantastic, it just misses something. The album for me is a tail of 2 halves, the first half is good, the second half is great. Overall the original Creed sound remains, but has be modernised just the right ammount to be current. Some will say it's not really anything new, but Creed fans have been waiting 7 years for an album they thought was never going to happen, so anything new by Creed is, well, music to their ears. I think the album is the right balance of new and old, heavy and light. Good job Howard Benson.

As always, Stapp produces lyrics that feel real, and have an honesty about them. Many a band these days write about things that they know nothing about, but on Full Circle there is passion, pain, and anger, and all of it is real. Stapps voice has lost a little of the growl it used to have, and is now a little bit smoother, it's not masively different to old days, but hardcore fans will notice the change in the texture of his voice. Overall, a stella performance.

This album has a lot to prove. Critics are waiting to claw it to shreds, fans are just glad to have it, and the world is looking on to see if Creed can make it in todays very different music world. To me, the album is as good as I was expecting it to be. It didn't blow me away like Weathered did, but these are different times, and this album fits those times. In a synth-filled world, Creed have stayed true to the roots they came from, and weirdly enough, it is a fitting follow up to Weathered despite everything that has gone on between then and now.