Full Circle review by Creed

• Released: Oct 26, 2009
Creed: Full Circle

Well, "Creed" is back and now better than ever. Scott (lead singer/frontman) has a slightly different sound in his vocal tone, which is recognizable in most every new track. The overall setting of the album seems to have taken an acoustic turn. While there are songs like "Overcome" and "Bread of Shame" that show their heavier metal side, they have come to a mature, acoustic feel. In previous records, they kept the softer side towards the ends of the album. But in this one, it mostly domenated the majority of the tracks.

The lyrics still represent what creed has always stood for. In the past, they claimed their fame with mostly a christian audience, but lately have drawn newcomers and those less spirtiual. Their new hit single "Overcome" has been popular lately on most metal radio stations. Scott has an amazing voice that has most definetely matured in some ways.

I found this album to be better if not equally great to their previous installments. The addition of vocal harmoines to most tracks brought it up a demention, and the acoustic feeling showed us more of what us creed fans love. Overall, I give it a 9/10, in hopes that it will draw fans to this great band.

RAGman22ReborN
    I'll be the first to say that I'm both a Creed AND Alter Bridge fan. As far as the initial reviews, someone please call the waaaaambulance. People bitched because Creed was too simplistic but now that they decide to throw in some complexity, a bit more raw edge and more solos in one album than in all 3 put together, they're gonna bitch too? It's like you're damned if you do or don't. Lyrically, this album seems to have sin, hope and journey for truth as common themes. Solos were pretty damn cool and are only beaten by the solos Tremonti pulled in Blackbird by AB. If this album suffered anything, it would be two things. 1 - Audio Brickwall. The bass is near inaudible, as are other guitar and vocal melodies, UNLESS you have a surround sound system. It sounds one way on my ipod, another way on itunes and COMPLETELY different on my xbox 360. 2 - Almost sounding like Alter Bridge. Obviously the easiest difference is the vocalist HOWEVER, if we all remember, the biggest complaint that One Day Remains from AB got was that it sounded too Creed-ish. The dynamics and production in Full Circle sound a bit like Blackbird, as One Day Remains had similar production to Creed's Human Clay. Is this Creed's best? Not exactly. It would have been better if Tremonti kept the clean electric on the parts where most of the acoustic parts were at (it would've helped avoid the Alter Bridge comparison). I still say that songwriting-wise, Human Clay's my fav, production-wise, My Own Prison.
    Mainer
    I love this album (with the exception of "Bread of Shame" Its different, but I'm so glad that Scott mended his fences with Mark and the guys. Can't wait for the 2012 Tour/Album
    dakielster
    Creed has come a long way from what they used to be if you actually listen to this album.
    diehard666
    I know these reviews posted are those user's opinion and I respect that 100%. I just have one problem with two reviews for sure no matter how hard you try you CAN'T try to compare Creed and Alter Bridge. I know it's mostly the same just Stapp sings for Creed, and Kennedy for Alter Bridge but trying to compare those two as vocalists is like trying to compare Rob Halford (Judas Priest)and David Coverdale (Deep Purple/Whitesnake), and trying to compare Creed to Alter Bridge is like comparing Air Supply to Lamb of God. That's my opinion on it Creed and Stapp is like another planet to Alter Bridge and Kennedy.