Greatest Hits review by Creed

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
Creed: Greatest Hits

The sound is Creed all the way. Duh it's 13 of the same tracks we've already heard. The audio of the 9 videos on the bonus DVD is exactly the same. The standout is the 3 live videos of "Torn," "Higher," and "Weathered". Creed has an awesome live sound no matter where they're playing. Tremonti plays so much better than on the recordings and Stapp gets into it with the crowd.

Once again, it's the same tracks we've heard already with the same lyrics. Scott Stapp just has a way of writing from his soul about personal experiences that so many people can relate to. The lyrics are always so uplifting, no matter how they come out. They always fit perfectly with the music of the band. His voice is just in a league of its own (unless you're Eddie Vedder).

It's not the best as far as greatest hits albums go. There's no new songs, no rarities or b-sides, just 13 tracks from there 3 albums. The DVD is a definite plus with all nine videos and 3 live videos. It would have been nice to see some of their other recordings on the CD, like "Bound And Tied", "I'm Eighteen", "Is This The End", "Young Grow Old", and "To Whom It May Concern". It's just an average greatest hits album. If you own all of their CDs, I wouldn't recomend getting this one. If not then I recomend just getting all of their CDs. Some of their best songs were never released as singles, so why not? The only bonus is the DVD that has all of their videos on it. If I lost this CD, I would not buy another one just because I already have all of their songs on the other albums.