Greatest Hits review by Creed

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
Creed: Greatest Hits

Ok, we all know that Creed disbanded and most of its members formed Alter Bridge. I'm doing this review as if I've never heard of Alter Bridge before, so there's no bias against Creed. Ok, Creed has one of the greatest guitarists that was able to turn his hands into a pair worthy of high-caliber guitar glory. Mark Tremonti has great originality in rhythm and his skill adds to that. Scott Philipps also played the drums well and affects the mood of the whole song.

Scott Stapp has a baritone voice well suited for this genre of music. His lyrics blend well with their music and rhythm and escaped the main theme revolving around love during the time where many rock artists and boy bands stick to that. Creed's overall theme in their lyrics stands out.

Ok, despite Alter Bridge being far superior than Creed, the latter has made a great impact in music. Like I mentioned earlier, they concentrated on other issues in their songs during the time when love was a common theme in the other artists' songs. Also, being a Greatest Hits, this song does have the greatest hits Creed has ever played. However, with Mark Tremonti's passion for a different feel of music, odds are we won't hear these songs played live again.

Rephyn
    Sure creed were the thing in their day, but it's clear now that their day has long gone. Alter Bridge has not only superceeded Creed but surpassed them in every aspect imaginable. Tremonti is a living legend
    Give_em Hell
    alter bridge is a hell of a lot better than creed Scott Stapp was a dick Mark Tremonti wanted to write a song about his mom who died when he was 14... scott wouldnt let him but myles did...
    crazyfox
    Scott is a dick. However...look at them now! Back together? Overcome is a kickass song. Forreal. And they are doing shows...weird huh? Got your wish Bilawal!