Human Clay review by Creed

• Released: Sep 28, 1999
Creed: Human Clay

The sound is simply amazing! Mark Tremonti beautifully orchestrates the work as a guitarist, and the energy felt within Scott Stapp's powerful vocals are also great. You feel the energy of uplifting tracks such as 'Higher' and 'Are you ready'. While listening you feel as though you are taking a journey through a place which is overwhelming, yet welcoming simultaneously.

The lyrics are really on a personal level. I feel as though everybody is capable of relating to them, and that always draws me more inward to the singer. Not to mention Scott's powerful vocal performance. 'With Arms Wide Open' are one of the better lyrical pieces in this album. A track in which Stapp discusses the coming of his newborn son, which he and Tremonti wrote together.

The sound and lyrics are both wonderful. I recomend that everyone who enjoys rock purchase this album. Tremonti and Stapp are a great collaboration, and it's a shame that Creed has broken up. As fans look forward to a return of Creed, many look back at the great albums which they have left us. My overall impression of this album is legendary.