Human Clay review by Creed

• Released: Sep 28, 1999
Creed: Human Clay

I bought Human Clay while I was at Wal-Mart, looking at video games. I walked by the music rack, and saw the album. I turned it over and looked at the back. I saw that it was the album that had "With Arms Wide Open" on it so I bought it and it sat in the glove box in my car for a few weeks. The I finally opened it and popped it in. Amazing! I loved it! The sound, lyrics and the singers voice flow perfectly together. It has a dark feel to it, but not one that's satanic. It has a very good unieque sound to it.

Lyrics - the best part of the album. Every song speaks to you in some way, even if you don't really know what he's reffering to in his lyrics. Nearly every song has a very deep meaning to it. My favorite song on the album is 'Beautiful'. I don't really know what it is about. One would assume that it is about a woman in his life, but I think it has a deeper meaning. Like his struggle with sin, maybe. Creed seems to have a lot of Christian referinces in their lyrics.

This album is one of my favorite, definatly. Beautiful was my favorite followed by With Arms Wide Open, Higher, and Wash Away Those Years. I would definatly but it again.