Human Clay review by Creed

• Released: Sep 28, 1999
Creed: Human Clay

Mark Tremonti is a guitar genius. Very few guitarists today have the ability to make something that's heavy and crunchy, but then goes softer and very creepy sounding. The best example of this is Say I. Tremonti also has amazking ability to make it heavy, yet also melodic and beautiful, like Higher, With Arms Wide Open and Inside Us All. And he can even do all three of these things (Heavy, creepy, and beautiful), like on Wash Away Those Years, and Faceless Man. I just wish there were some more guitar solos on the album. I also wish that Tremonti would use drop D a little less.

Scott Stapp has an awesome voice. He writes from his heart and soul and performs from his heart and soul, especially on this album. This is one of the cases where the singer, the lyrics, and the music all blend perfectly with each other. Lyrically, this is Creed's strongest album.

I really owe a lot to this album because it was the album that got me into hard rock music and eventually, heavy metal. I wouldn't have picked up a guitar if it weren't for Mark Tremonti. Altogether, this is Creed's best album. This is one of the rare cases where I love every song on the album. As I said earlier, there just two things that would have made this album even better than it is, and those are more guitar solos and less drop D, although some songs would have sounded vastly different had he used standard. This album started my rock and metal interest. It's been in my collection longer than any CD I've listened to, and it won't leave. I would be disappointed if I lost it or it got stolen and I would definitely buy it again.

RAGman22ReborN
    This was Creed at their prime--before Bryan Marshall left, before the breakup. If I never heard this album, I wouldn't have tuned into the Rock genre. My favorite songs here were Beautiful, Say I, Faceless Man, Never Die, Higher and Inside Us All (the only song that has a cool solo when the track is fading out.