Human Clay review by Creed

• Released: Sep 28, 1999
Creed: Human Clay

The sound of this album is amazing. The guitars blended with the the perfect Bass tone make a great couple. the sounds in Are you ready, What If?, Beautiful, and Wrong way is edgy and grungy. Mark Tremonti made a certain growl on the guitar which fits well with the drums. I think the title of the album gets from that as human we are getting more and more, pollished and perfect: If we show any diiference we are outcasted. The bassist Brian Marshall fingerpicks near the bridge on the bass and it gives the tone of a low jazzy feeling that fits well in the Song What If's bass solo. The song Higher is by far the best song on tyhe album. The bass and guitar mix perfectly in the verses to create a harmonie in between them.

Scott Stapp really pump deep thought int these lyrics, He used analodgies to describe troubles in the US. The lyrics get a bunch of Christian influence. Stapp really stepped up in his singing capability this record. The lyrics fit in very well with the music especialy in Higher, Are You Ready?, and What if?

this album is by far the best album I have ever listened to. What If, Are you ready, Beautiful, Say I, And Higher are the b the best songs on the3 record. I would by this album again and again. I love the bass tone in this record the best and the way the lyrics flow with the bass.

rip3149
    Tremonti is a fantastic guitarist with tons of creativity. between creed and alter bridge, this album has some of his most unique compositions by far. my two favorite pieces from him are the intro to wrong way and pretty much all of wash away those years. stapp is a fair vocalist by himself, but with tremonti he just sounds better. this is definitely they're most unique album. weathered just wasn't the same.