My Own Prison review by Creed

• Released: Jun 24, 1997
Creed: My Own Prison

You know, people give Creed a hard time for being a "PJ Clone", but they definately are an amazing rock band and this album confirms it. My Own Prison was Creed's debut album that was released in June 1997. The sound is simply jawdropping because of Mark Tremonti's explosive guitar work. He may be one the best the new rock guitarists that exist. Scott Phillips is an amzing drummer also. I think his drumming is phenomenal. Those two, plus Scott Stapp are the modern rock legends we know as Creed. The sound is very explosive. That's the only way I can put it.

Scott Stapp wrote along the lines of the Christian rock genre on this album. I still love the lyrics though. Very compassionate, emotional, and strong lyrics coming from Stapp. Like the guy or not, the man is the closest to Eddie Vedder I can I think of. He could sing and break glass. He is an excellent singer and songwriter. It just sucks that these guys don't play together anymore.

This was the first album from a debut artist to have 4 radio number one singles. That's a very interesting statistic. With that being said, you should pick up this album by all means. I personally like the title track on this album the best, but there's other good ones too. I recommend this one. It's good to have in your CD collection. You owe it to yourself to pick up this album. You won't regret it!