Weathered review by Creed

• Released: Nov 20, 2001
Creed: Weathered

Mark Tremonti strikes again with noteable guitar riffs. However, on this record, he uses a number of other tunings aside from his commonly used Drop-D tuning. For this record, he uses Open D, Open Bb, and he tunes the guitar down a whole step on a couple songs.

Scott Stapp's lyrics, once again, go perfectly with Mark's guitars. On this record, though, Scott takes a slight departure from his usual songwriting style. For this album, it seems like he writes his lyrics on some songs with more of a combination of his usual lyrics about self-reflection and a more romantic style. However, in the end, the meaning of the song is determined by the fan who listens to it. I still enjoy this record as well as the others.

This album compares very well with Human Clay and My Own Prison. The most notable songs on this record are My Sacrifice, Bullets, One Last Breath, Lullaby, Who's Got My Back?, and Don't Stop Dancing. As with the other Creed albums, I enjoy the excellent compliance of Scott's moving lyrics and Mark's heavy guitars. Again, I really think there should be more guitar solos, though. If someone stole it, I'd let them keep it because it's an incredible album, but yes, I would immediately go and buy another copy. Yes, it is wort the money.