Chronicle, Vol. 1 review by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Chronicle, Vol. 1

This CD has a good ol' Rock n' Roll sound to it. All of the sounds are equal in volume, which means you can hear the guitar and the bass without the drums cancelling them out. This CD has all of their songs I've heard, and more. The songs are of excellent quality, from "Down On the Corner" to "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?." The sound's quality is superior compared to many other CDs and DVDs I listen to. This is a must have for all CCR fans.

These songs have beautiful lyrics. These are the kind of lyrics that give you that "Lump in Your Throat Feeling," the same kind of feeling that leaves you warm inside. The lyrics and the music go together like mac' & cheese. John Fogerty is an excellent vocalist, and he excells on his guitar. In other words, these lyrics wouldn't be the same without the music, and the music wouldn't be the same without the lyrics.

Many other albums I have listened to, not just limiting to CCR, don't have sound of this quality. All of the songs are excellent. They all have a different feeling to them. For example, "Down On the Corner" gives you the feeling of attending a jazzy party, but in reality, it is a story about four poor boys playing on a street corner for nickels. Another example, in the song, "Someday Never Comes," it sounds like a sad song, but it's moral tells you to Learn what you can as early as possible because it may hit you later on in life like a rude awakening. I love everything about this CD, I hate nothing about it, literally. If it were to get stolen, lost, broken, or scratched up, I would probably burn the songs to another CD because I always keep a back-up of my CDs on a computer.

antroolez
    long live ccr! this album is quality but theres some quality songs of thiers that you don't really hear of, 'it came out of the sky' for example....i suppose get chronicle 2 or creedence gold for that...