Chronicle, Vol. 1 review by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Chronicle, Vol. 1

What a nice album to listen too, right? CCR is an awesome band and this album describes them in the best way possible. The tracks on here are jammin. They really know how to make certain riffs work out for a whole song. They take what could've been repetition and changed it into solid songs. The tracks on the album have a very nice feel to them, letting you apreciate them as much as possible. The songs vary from short songs with quick solos, and great licks. To long songs with endless jam sessions. The best song soundwise on the whole set is Green River.

I really enjoy CCR's way of putting stories and messages into their songs, they certainly do a good job of making everything work. And John Forgety voice is so unique in the sense that I don't believe I've heard anything, anything at all quite like his. But back to the lyrics, picture John as a good stryteller. Now you can't tell a story well without a good story, I think the bands success in this area came from the fact that it was not just John, but the lyrics also that were amazing. With that said I think that despite the fact that most of CCR's songs have amazing lyrics, I think it is safe to say that Fortunate son is the winner here.

CCR is classic, there is just no way to not like them. I'll bet that if everyone in the US listened to CCR they could find at least one song, or part of a song that was good and worthwhile. In this album I love get up and dance attitude in the album, but I also like the more serious, world aware side of CCR. This album is definitely worth buying again, considering the number of tracks on it (which makes it a very good deal if you purchase the CD). I think the most memorable songs on the album are Have You Ever Seen Rain, Up Around The Bend, and Bad Moon Rising.