Transcendence Review

Crimson Glory: Transcendence
Released: Nov 1, 1988
Genre: Progressive Heavy/Power Metal
Label: Roadrunner Records
Progressive and power metal from the 80's. It really has the 80's sound, really reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteen's "Odyssey" which was released at the same year - 1988.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Transcendence Reviewed by: zannibal, on january 10, 2012

Sound: Progressive and power metal from the 80's. It really has the 80's sound, really reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteen's (how does he always sneak into my reviews) "Odyssey" which was released at the same year - 1988. Music itself is cool. Reminds me of Iron Maiden at some parts. It's progressive in a good way: it's not like Dream Theater, they keep the music simple enough, but still progressive style. Tempo isn't that fast for power metal, but that's not a problem. Overall it sounds good. // 7

Lyrics: Singer is really talented. And you can tell it's 80's for sure. He got really high voice. Lyrics seems to be power metal stylish with their own stories: "Trapped in their world no free passage to leave You accept their tyrannical dream You pray to their gods not your chosen ones Freedom's clutched in the jaws of red kings Give us your freedom, we'll give you hell Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" Or it may be something against politicians. Not really sure about their lyrics, so I just rate the singer. His voice is cool, and high, but sometimes kind of annoying. // 7

Overall Impression: I haven't heard other albums so can't compare. They only released 4 albums even though they started the band in 1982. I like their heavy metal style, but there's something in the album that I just don't like. The 80's style is annoying at some times, and I just don't like any song that much except "Red Sharks". It's still a nice album, if you like this kind of music, go to check it out. // 8

Comments