Menace II Sobriety review by Cross Examination

• Released: Aug 12, 2008
Cross Examination: Menace II Sobriety

Well it's obvious these guys aren't the biggest band around so the recording quality isn't the best. But it definitely isn't bad. They seem to be the typical thrash/crossover band out there, they haven't made a new genre or anything. I love how in the music there is really no breaks. It's all full out thrash! I found out about these guys one day when I was searching YouTube and I decided I wanted to check out some new bands, so I listened to them. I'm very glad that I did it.

Well the lyrics don't seem to be anything to deep. Some of them are very creative though. I like them a lot. Now the singer's voice is so different and weird I can understand how people would hate it. But oh my God I love his voice so much. I don't know, something about it is just brilliant. The singer reminds me of Snake from Voivod. Snake's vocals seem to be a bit deeper, but I can see the similarities. But it just might be me who can hear that.

These guys blew away all my expectations. I was expecting just a poser band trying to be thrash. But these guys could've been around with the Bay Area thrash scene back in the day. My favorite songs on the album are "Maximum Overchill" and "Arson Party Squad". I honestly love everything about this album, I would not change anything if I could. These guys right here might not become the biggest band ever, but there always gonna be one of my favorites just based on this album alone. I love them!