D.R.U.G.S. review by D.R.U.G.S.

• Released: Feb 22, 2011
D.R.U.G.S.: D.R.U.G.S.

I love this band. Craig Owens is a musical genius. It's got it all; it's catchy, melodic, emotional, and technical. This is a very talented bunch of people. It's post-hardcore, but in a way, it's more than just that. It's got pop-like vocal harmonies, metal riffs, and very soulful vocals. After Owens was kicked out of Chiodos, he formed this band, and you can feel the emotion and the anger he has. It's beautiful. It's simple, but it's also very technical. I love it. I only wish there were more guitar solos.

The lyrics are fairly straightforward, but they have a certain depth to them that lets you think about what the point that they are trying to get across. It's also heartfelt, without being cheesy. Always a good thing. I think the music has a contrast to the lyrics, but it also ties everything together in a meaningful way. Craig Owens is one of the best singers to come out in the past 20 years.

Overall, I find D.R.U.G.S. mush better than Chiodos. I get into this album more than anything I've ever heard from them. Personally, my favorites are Mr. Owl Ate My Metal Worm, I'm Here to Take the Sky, Graveyard Dancing, and Laminated E.T. Animal. But they are all very good. Weakest song is probably Stop Reading, Start Doing Pushups, but it's still a good song. The only other thing I don't like about the album is that the songs could be a bit longer. And when I want music, I don't want to hear that weird ending to My Swagger Has a First Name where he talks about Football and Poems. Craig Owens is a great singer, Nick Martin and Matt Good are perfect guitarists for this band, and Aaron Stern and Adam Russell just complete the band. I know I'm gonna sound like I'm advertising the band, but I gotta give this album a perfect score.