New Found Power review by Damageplan

• Released: Feb 10, 2004
Damageplan: New Found Power

Some might say it's nu-metal, but I don't care because Damageplan kicks ass! The guitar playing by Dimebag isn't as good as in the old days (with Pantera), but he's still got that trademark chainsaw sound on the riffing. And, you probably already know, it works perfect with Vinne Pauls drumming. The only thing that I don't like is that Bob Zilla isn't half as good as Rex Brown.

Replacing Phil Anselmo, one of the best frontmen ever, isn't an easy job, but Pat Lachman does it very well. There's a lot more singing and less screaming, and I like it. The lyrics contain classic themes, no more no less.

I really love this album. The best song is of course the amazing Breathing New Life, but there are several other tracks that are great! New Found Power, Save Me, Blink Of An Eye, Blunt Force Trauma and Pride are all excellent songs. The only ones that I really don't like are Fuck You, a completely unnecessary track starring Slipknot's Corey Taylor on vocals, and Reborn, written together with Zakk Wylde. It ain't bad, it's just that I don't think it fits in. However, if you're a Pantera fan, you should definately get this one, and if you're a mateal fan, you should also get it!

metallica1222
    really, it's awesome.when i got it, i just listened to it the whole day.damn, good s*it. R.I.P. Dimebag
    $DIME RULES!!!$
    Good Metal album dimes riffs are one of a kind I like pantera beter but still a kick ass metal album RIP Dime