New Found Power review by Damageplan

• Released: Feb 10, 2004
Damageplan: New Found Power

This album is by far one of my favorite albulms to listen to. It's got this appeal to it that allows it to be listened to over and over without wearing down the listener. The main feel of all the songs can't be summed up in one word it is a variety that includes hate, knowing who you are, and everything in between. I was impressed by it's lack of filler material with only one or two songs that are stale or cliche. This album is a full blown metal albulm with the exception of one slower paced song all in all great record.

Pat Lachman makes a great metal frontman as he proved in every song on this album. He even slows things down in Soul Bleed (one of my favorite songs in this album) and still manages to have great vocals. The lyrics in this album run pretty deep and I believe that the bandmates really support the message given off in them. The lyrics describe feelings of anger and power all set to some of the greatest guitar licks ever written by the late Dimebag Darrell.

This album isn't Pantera and anyone looking for that will only find what they want in Pantera itself. Damageplan is it's own unique breed in my opinion with some great riffs by Dimebag and some of the best drumming to be heard on any recent album not to mention the killer vocals and bass. I love how I can find a way to relate with each song on this album and how it seems to make more sense to me everytime I listen to it. If it were stolen I would deffinetly get it back because this album is worth fighting for.

Smithsc
    I love this album,it Dime all the way! It would be amazing to hear what the next Damageplan album would soud like (I guess they were close to completing it when Dime was murdered)!