O review by Damien Rice

• Released: Feb 1, 2002
Damien Rice: O

This album's sound is very soothing to the soul. It relaxes you nicely. I like it a lot. Most of the emo/folk fans will also. It has a variety of sounds and a experimental type of tracklist. It varies from a mid-tempo song to a slow song with beautiful guitar, I mean beautiful. Damien Rice and his album is a underrated album for sure. The sound mainly pertains to an Irish/Folk vibe. It is a personal album directed from a first person perspective. The sound is very crisp and it's great to sleep to or calm you down. It also can be used while driving in your car on a sunny day or a rainy day. Nice taste, nice feel, great album.

The lyrics are very unique from todays lyrics. Just the words he uses and the approach that is used here. "It's not hard to fall, when you float like a cannonball" he sings. Those type of phrases are throughout this album. It makes the album a good listen to what is being said. The music to the lyrics is very well done too. The singing skills are just great. From low to high and in the middle, you need nothing else here, great singing. Emo fans will love it.

Overall the album is very well done. It deserves more respect. It only has 10 tracks with 1 hidden track. I like it a lot. I listen to it frequently. The most impressive songs are the hidden track (after song 10), Cannonball, Amie, Blower's Daughter, Volcano. Listen to those, if you don't like those then you won't like the album. Those are the best songs. There's nothing I don't like about this album, compare it to a STP or Audioslave album and it's pathetic, that's why we keep music in genres. This album sets the tone for what classical folk music is. I would always have this album.